Stampin’ Up Only Challenge #301
I designed my Stampin’ Up In The Moment Birthday Card for SUO Challenge #301. The theme this time is Birthdays. Check out the beautiful creations that our design team created as well as the other entries for this challenge by CLICKING HERE.
This cad uses the Paper Piecing Technique. The paper piecing technique is so much fun to use with our beautiful designer series papers. The woman’s hat and dress are achieved using the technique.
To achieve the look:
- Stamp the image on white card stock using memento ink.
- Color her hair with the Soft Suede stampin’ blends and her arms using the Ivory Stampin’ blends.
- Select the designer series paper that you would like to have the hat and dress in. I used the pinstripe print.
- Stamp the image on the designer series paper using memento ink.
- Using paper snips, cut around the hat and then cut the dresss out removing the arms and hair portion.
- Using multipurpose glue, attach the hat and dress to the colored image lining up all the stamped lines.
It is such a fun technique that you can use on any lined art image. Try it out and let me know what you think of the technique.
In The Moment Stamp Set
Craft a homemade card that encourages loved ones to take time for themselves with the In the Moment Stamp Set. The stamp set imagery includes three women relaxing by looking at the landscape with a lovely glass of wine or indulging in a hobby like reading with their furry friend.
The set includes three self-care themed greetings to mix and match with the imagery. The line-art images can be colored using your favorite coloring techniques. Also available in French.
- 6 cling stamps
- Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): c, d
In The Moment Birthday Card Inside View
Current Promotions & Shopping Information
What do you think of the paper piecing technique and my In the Moment Birthday card? Please leave me a comments and let me know!
- Want to get a discount on Stampin’ Up products all the time? Your discount starts at 20%! Read all about how you can join my StampKnowHow SUperstars team and reap the rewards of becoming a Stampin’ Up demonstrator: CLICK HERE. Now until May 30th, you will receive these In Color items in starter kit for FREE as well. (That’s $66.50 worth of FREE stuff!)
- Customers that have made a purchase in the last year automatically receive FREE catalogs. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to request a Stampin’ Up catalog: email@example.com.
- Make sure to read all about my customer rewards program: CLICK HERE.
- SAVE 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- Spend $50 or more in my shop before tax and shipping and then you will receive a FREE gift from me! (Limit one gift per month.) I love my loyal customers and this is my way to thank you for your business. Just copy and paste this code into the hostess code box for your order: UCMG2YCH. If you purchase over $150 in merchandise, don’t use the hostess code. Simply claim the Stampin’ Rewards for yourself and you will still get the free gift.
Thanks for stopping by today!
In The Moment Birthday Card Supply List
3 thoughts on “In The Moment Birthday: Paper Piecing Technique”
I love the paper piecing!
Love this, Renee – paper piecing is one of my fave techniques! She looks awesome, and ready for summer!
Love this! The dress and hat are perfect!!