When the annual catalog came out this past Spring, I purchased the Festive Foliage Background Stamp with the intention of making an embossed Christmas card with it. I knew that I wanted to add color but sometimes the Stampin’ Blends do not work well to color in a heat embossed image.
The alcohol markers can stain the embossing. Therefore, I knew I needed to do something with the water based inks in the SU color palette.
Water painters to the rescue! Sometimes it’s just fun to stick to a simple basic techniques like watercoloring. The colors come out a lot softer.
If you are a beginner with watercoloring, this method is helpful. When you heat emboss the image, the water doesn’t bleed like it would with a regular stamped image. The raised portions contain it well. Give it a try… it’s a fun way to color.
Festive Foliage Christmas Card Video
If you are a beginner and a little unsure if you want to try this technique, check out my step by step video. I hope it will give you the confidence to give it a go.Subscribe to YouTube
Stamp Sets used for the card
Festive Foliage Stamp
Create gorgeous card backgrounds using the Festive Foliage Stamp Set. The open line art of the stamps is perfect for your favorite coloring techniques, such as watercoloring, color blending, and more! The set includes one greenery image perfect for any season or any type of cards.
* 1 cling stamp
* Suggested clear blocks: f
Christmas To Remember Stamp Set
You’ll be holly and jolly while making cards this year with the Christmas to Remember Stamp Set. This sentiment-only collection has 9 heartfelt sentiments with a hand-lettered style that speaks right from—and to—the heart. Use them with some of our Christmas-inspired Designer Series Paper and dies for a handcrafted message they’re sure to remember. This stamp set is also available in French.
* 9 cling stamps
* Suggested clear blocks: c, g, h
Inside the Festive Foliage Christmas Card
The inside of the card is simply embossed in gold with a sentiment from A Christmas To Remember Stamp Set.
Current Promotions & Shopping Information
I hope you enjoyed my Festive Foliage Christmas Card Sample. Have you ever tried this watercoloring technique? Are you going to give it a try? If I can help in any way, just let me know. Drop me a comment.
- Want to get a discount on Stampin’ Up products all the time? Your discount starts at 20%! It is super simple to sign up online. Read all about how you can join my StampKnowHow SUperstars team and reap the rewards of becoming a Stampin’ Up demonstrator: CLICK HERE. From now until September 30, 2021, when you join my team you also earn a FREE extra bundle. For more information on this special Sale-a-bration promotion: CLICK HERE for more information.
- Customers that have made a purchase in the last year automatically receive FREE catalogs. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to request a Stampin’ Up catalog: email@example.com.
- Make sure to read all about my customer rewards program: CLICK HERE.
- SAVE 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- A new Stampin’ Up Kit called Christmas Whimsy has been added! Look at all you get for just $19.00! Check it out in my store: CLICK HERE!
- Spend $50 or more in my shop before tax and shipping then you will receive a FREE gift from me! I love my loyal customers and this is my way to thank you for your business. Just copy and paste this code into the hostess code box for your order: RXBYYG3R.
- Make sure to check out the great deals on the Clearance Rack!
- Everyone that makes a purchase with me gets a handmade thank you card.
If you live in the United States, I would love to be your demonstrator so please SHOP WITH ME!