Today’s project, my Happiest of Birthdays card, focuses on the technique of ink blending on your designer series paper. Using blending brushes, a gradient of purple colors works from one corner to the next giving an ombre effect. I really love the smooth application of color that blending brushes provide to the background.
I know that some people prefer sponges or daubers for blending on their backgrounds. What is your favorite blending tool?
When ink blending, load your brush with color and then starting on a piece of scrap paper under your card, work your way on to the designer series paper using a circular motion with your brush. You can keep adding more color until you get to the tone you want on your background. It’s a really fun and easy technique to master so just try it. If you have done the ink blending technique before, do you have any other tips to share?
If you would like to see how to ink blend, you can visit my YouTube video that demonstrates the technique on another card.
Color Palette for Happiest of Birthdays Card
The Paper Players Challenge
I entered my Happiest of Birthdays card in the Paper Player Challenge #542. I used the Birthday, Ribbon and White elements for the Tic-Tac-Toe but you can also throw in the die-cut and DSP as well.
As You See It Challenge
I also entered my card into the As You See It Challenge #251.
Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set
You can make birthdays a total celebration! The greetings in the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set will help you create unforgettable cards and more. I love that Stampin’ Up included the “little bit late” stamp! I know that I am not always on time sending birthday cards.
This stamp set is also available in French.
- 4 cling stamps
- Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): b, d, e
THANKS FOR VISITING TODAY
I hope you enjoyed my Happiest of Birthdays Card sample. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this lovely stamp set of birthday sentiments.
- Want to get a discount on Stampin’ Up products all the time? Your discount starts at 20%! Read all about how you can join my StampKnowHow SUperstars team and reap the rewards of becoming a Stampin’ Up demonstrator: CLICK HERE.
- Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to request a Stampin’ Up catalog: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to read all about my customer rewards program: CLICK HERE.
- SAVE 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- When you spend $50 or more in my shop, you will receive a FREE gift! Just copy and paste this hostess code into the box for your order: 49QUGKNR.
- Make sure to check out the Clearance Rack!
- Everyone that makes a purchase with me, gets a handmade thank you card.
If you live in the USA, I would love to be your demonstrator so please SHOP WITH ME!