SUO Challenge #255
Hi there stampers. Welcome back to my blog for another Stampin’ Up Only Challenge. This time around we are using our favorite stamps.
This was truly a challenge because I have a lot of stamps that in my collection that I go to a lot. I chose to highlight the Ornate Thanks Photopolymer Stamp Set as well as the Jar of Flowers Photopolymer Stamp Set for this project.
I hope that you will join us for this challenge and pull out a new or old favorite stamp set from your collection. Click the button to go to the challenge:
Make sure to read on to find out how to make this lovely shaker card.
Jar of Flowers Bundle
The Jar of Flowers Bundle includes the Jar of Flowers Stamp Set and the Jar Punch.
Save 10% when you purchase the stamp set and punch together.
JAR OF FLOWERS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Fresh-picked flowers in canning jar vases are one of the joys of summer. And the Jar of Flowers Stamp Set brings you a version that stays fresh indefinitely.
*9 photopolymer stamps
*Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): b, d, e
Use the Jar Punch to quickly cut out images you stamp with the Jar of Flowers Stamp Set. *Cut out image: 2-3/16″ x 1-3/8″ (5.6 x 3.5 cm)
Ornate Thanks Stamp Set
I continually go to this stamp set for thank you cards. I love the large graphic thank you sentiments that pair so well with the smaller script fonts.
You will have fun making thank you cards and other paper crafts to express gratitude to those you love using the Ornate Thanks Stamp Set. These photopolymer clear stamps make it easy to stamp a thankful sentiment right where you want it on your project. A variety of sayings help you find the perfect words to express your thanks. This stamp set is also available in French.
* 19 photopolymer stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, d, g, h
How to Make It
This card is for more advanced card makers. It was my customer thank you card for July purchases.
- Cut your card base from Just Jade card stock. It measures 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″.
- Cut another piece of Just Jade card stock measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Center the jar punch on the short side of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of card stock and punch about a 1/4″ from the bottom. You can make a small tick mark with a pencil at the bottom of the card stock so you can see where to punch.
- Using the Old World Paper 3D embossing folder, run it through the big shot to dry emboss.
- Punch another jar from whisper white card stock.
- Stamp your selected flower image in saddle brown stazon ink.
- Stamp the stems image on the white jar punch out using saddle brown stazon ink. Make sure to align them with the top of the jar.
- Stamp the water image on the white jar with pool party ink.
- Using a water painter, pick up some just jade ink and water color the stems.
- Water color your flowers with the ink colors of your choice. I used magenta madness, bumble bee, just jade and misty moonlight.
- Using paper snips, cut out the flower image.
- Once it is dry, attach the white jar to the card front with multipurpose glue.
- Attach a mason jar shaker dome to the embossed card front by removing the sticky strip.
- Add a pinch of Flowers for Every Season Gems to the center of the white jar.
- Remove the second stick strip from the jar and apply liquid glue to the rest of the embossed card front.
- Carefully align the shaker dome over the white jar and press everything into place.
- Attach the flowers over the shaker dome with dimensionals.
- Make a double bow out of the Just Jade 1/4″ 2020-2022 In Color ribbon and attach with a glue dot at the top of the jar.
- Stamp the large thank you sentiment in magenta madness ink on whisper white card stock and trim to just around the entire sentiment.
- With your bone folder, curl each end of the sentiment up and then curl the center in the opposite direction.
- Attach the sentiment over the jar using dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of whisper white to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Stamp the sentiment in magenta madness and glue to the inside of the card as shown.
US SCHOOL SUPPLY SALES TAX HOLIDAY
Ten states will be offering a sales tax holiday for school supplies during the months of July or August. Products that are eligible according to the statute include “items normally used by students in a standard classroom for educational purposes.”
To see the names of participating states, products exempted from tax, and sales tax holiday dates, click the button.
Please note that you must place your order with Stampin’ Up! during the tax holiday period in order to receive these items tax-free (which is midnight on the first day to midnight on the last day of the tax holiday). Also, keep in mind that this is a state sales tax holiday; the state statute may not apply to county, city, and special jurisdiction taxes.
I live in Virginia and our tax holiday is August 7th-9th. It is a great time to stock up on adhesives and markers.
Note: Georgia, Louisiana, and Wisconsin have suspended the sales tax holiday for this year.
It Coupon Redemption Time!
Starting August 4th, you can redeem all those $5 coupons that you accumulated in your email from last month’s Stampin Up Bonus Days promotion.
You can use them on any item from the annual catalog and the newly released holiday mini catalog. It’s a great way to get started on holiday crafting projects!
Make sure to add my new hostess code to your order to receive a FREE gift from me.Clearance Rack GET YOUR KIT
Want to save even more? Sign up to become a Stampin’ Up demonstrator and get $125 worth of merchandise for just $99! You will enjoy early access to all new products and a 20% discount on all future purchases. You can quit anytime you like (not that you would want to) with no penalties. Click the link to find out more.Join Stampin’ Up!
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Make sure to follow my blog by adding your email address. You won’t miss any future posts that way.
If you live in the USA and currently do not have a demonstrator, I would love to earn your business.
Have a fabulous day!