Fantastic Mother’s Day
One of the projects that we did at our last Vienna stamp club gathering was a birthday themed pick that you can use as a cake topper or in a plant as a gift. My good friends, DeAnn and Cathi, inspired me with their fantastic idea.
I decided to make a matching set of a card and pick for my sweet mother-in-law for Mother’s Day using A Mother’s Flair stamp set. This cute pick will look fabulous in a pot of flowers for her. It is funny how I used almost every stamp in this set for this project except the teapot.
Color Theory DSP Stack
I am going to miss this great paper stack when it retires from the annual catalog. I love the texture and bright colors and have used it in a lot of projects on my blog.
It creates the texture for the card base and shoe image as well as the envelope flap. So pretty! My mother-in-law is quite the fashionista and I am sure she will love the fun details.
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #288
I have entered this card into the Addicted to Stamps Challenge #288. It is a holiday themed challenge so make sure to go and check out everyone’s creations from around the web.
I received an honorable mention for this card! So exciting! Thanks for the recognition. My honorable mention was #8 A Mother’s Flair.
To Make the Card
- Start with a base of Basic Black card stock cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Cut 2 pieces of the cracked Berry Burst colored Color Theory DSP to 4″ x 5 1/4″, attach one to the inside of the card and one to the outside of the card.
- Cut 2 pieces of the ombre effect Color Theory DSP to 4″ x 2″. Stamp the “You make motherhood look so good” sentiment to the far right on one piece in Stazon ink. Stamp the “Hope your day is as wonderful as you are” sentiment in the center of the other piece.
- Attach the centered sentiment to the inside of the card using snail or glue.
- Color the little flower on the sentiment with a berry burst marker and old olive marker.
- Stamp the shoe image on the crackled paper. Color the flower part with the markers. Highlight the shoe using clear Wink of Stella. Cut the shoe out on the Big Shot with the 2nd largest Stitched Shapes circle frame lit.
- Cut an oval out of a piece of Basic Black with the largest stitched oval frame lit. Attach the shoe to this with snail or glue. Attach to card front with dimensionals.
- Tie a bow from the Berry Burst 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon. Attach to card front with glue dot.
To Make the Pick
- Stamp the purse image on the crackled paper. Color the flower part with the markers. Highlight the purse using clear Wink of Stella. Cut the purse out on the Big Shot with the 2nd largest Stitched circle frame lit.
- Stamp the “Life is Beautiful because of You” sentiment in Stazon ink on the crackled paper. Cut it out on the Big Shot with the 2nd largest stitched circle frame lit.
- Cut 2 circles out of a piece of Basic Black with the largest stitched circle frame lit. Attach the purse to one piece with snail or glue. Attach the other piece to the stamped sentiment.
- Attach tear and tape to the back side of the sentiment. Center a coffee stirrer stick (I got one from StarBucks) on the tear and tape. Attach several pieces of ribbon here as well making the tails as long as you like.
- Add multipurpose glue over the entire circle inside. Sandwich the purse image on top of the sentiment circle.
- Tie a bow from the Berry Burst 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon. Attach to pick front with glue dot.
- Stamp “Happy Mother’s Day” in Stazon on a scrap of the ombre paper and create a banner. Attach to the purse side with dimensionals.
To Finish Envelope Flap
- Trace the edge of a whisper white envelope on to the crackled effect paper up to the envelope flap fold. Cut it out with paper snips and your paper trimmer.
- Stamp the hat image in the middle of the paper piece. Finish the hat with the markers and Wink of Stella.
- Attach the piece to the envelope flap with multipurpose glue.
I hope you enjoy making today’s project. If you currently don’t have a demonstrator, I would love to have your business!
Clearance Rack Updated
Don’t forget to check out the Stampin’ Up Clearance Rack. There are lots of new items that have just been added including many holiday themed goodies, ribbons and framelits. Place your order quickly as these are only while supplies last!
Have a great day crafting!
- Wooden Coffee Stirrer