The Art of Embellishing
Embellishments are a great way to make your project looked finished and exciting. They add glimmer and shine. They also draw the recipient’s attention to the main part of the project like a sentiment and help to create a focal point.
I am a bit of an embellishment “junkie”! Some folks like clean and simple cards, but I prefer them jazzed up a bit. There are a few great tips to keep in mind when embellishing your handmade cards, scrapbooks and paper crafts.
- Use odd numbers of an embellishment (1,3,5, etc.). It is more pleasing to the eye.
- Select an embellishment for added texture and visual interest (example: use a button to highlight your sentiment)
- Mix large and small shapes.
- Add different colors of the same embellishment for added contrast.
Remember that art is about experimenting and that is where the fun comes in! Think of it like fashion, adding a belt or scarf maybe all you need to complete your outfit. Embellishing a card is similar. Sometimes, all you need is a small bow to make it look “done”.
Here is a list of my favorite eight embellishments from Stampin’ UP’s current Occasions Catalog. I have listed a few projects that I have made with my favorites from the Occasions Catalog. What is your favorite embellishment from the Stampin’ UP Occasions Catalog?
1. Tutti Fruitti Adhesive Backed Sequins
2. Sweet Soiree Embellsihment Kit
3. Gold Glitter Flakes
4. Myths & Magic Washi Tape
5. Glitter and Clear Epoxy Shapes
6. Love Mini Tinsel Trim Combo Pack
7. True Gentlemen Buttons
8. Whisper White ¼” Organza Ribbon
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. Try out some of these awesome embellishments on your next paper crafting project. You can shop online in my store 24/7. Remember to enter my current giveaway.
Shop These Embellishments