Geez, there are days when I wish my kids were back at Disney World begging to ride the Dumbo ride. It is truly hard to believe that my oldest kids (I have boy/girl twins) will be 25 years old in a few days. When I saw the Birthday Blast stamp set, I knew that it would be a great backdrop for this card. The large star stamp really makes the Mickey symbol pop off the card.
Birthday Blast Stamp Set
Making the Card
- Cut the card base in Whisper White. (measures 11″x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″)
- Cut out 2 Crushed Curry layers. (each measures 5″ x 3 3/4″)
- Rub embossing buddy over the crushed curry card. Stamp the large star image from the Birthday Blast stamp set on the top of the crushed curry card in Versamark.
- Stamp the celebrate sentiment from the Happy Celebrations Stamp set at the bottom of the crushed curry card in Versamark.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder on the Versamark, then tap off excess. Heat emboss with the heat tool.
- Adhere layer to the front of the card with snail.
- Cut a large circle in real red card stock with the stitched framelit and cut the same size in basic black card stock as well.
- Cut 2 smaller circles with the stitched framelits. Cut the real red circle in half and adhere to the large basic black circle.
- Adhere the smaller basic black circles to the large one forming the ears.
- Punch 2 small circles in crushed curry card stock with a hole punch.
- Adhere the crushed curry circles with glue dots.
- Using a white gel pen, highlight the ears, head and pants as shown in photo.
- Attach to card with Stampin’ dimensionals.
- Finish the inside of the card with the Happy Birthday sentiment and embellishment stamps from the Birthday Blast stamp set by stamping in Versamark on a crushed curry card stock piece.
- Adhere to the inside of the card with snail.
Visit My Store
Now is a great time to stock up on all those lovely Stampin’ UP products. Sale-A-Bration is going on so for every $50 (before tax and shipping) in product that you buy, you can choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration item.