Hey everyone! I decided to try out Fab Friday Challenge #76. Here is the sketch used to make my card. It was a lot of fun designing the card and finally figuring out what to do with the black snowflake paper from the Winter Wonderland DSP pack.
To make the card, start with a basic black card base of 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″. Cut a piece of Winter Wonderland snowflake DSP to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Adhere it to the front of the card with snail adhesive.
Cut a strip of the white and gold Winter Wonderland paper to 1 1/2″ x 5″. With the banner triple punch finish both ends.
Stamp the snowman image from the Sparkly Seasons stamp set on to whisper white cardstock and color with real red, garden green and pumpkin pie markers.
Next, stamp the falling snow image from the Sparkly Seasons stamp set in versa mark ink above the snowman. Sprinkle with heat and stick powder and melt with heat gun. Sprinkle with dazzling diamonds glitter and heat set again. Punch the image out with the 2 1/2″ circle punch. Adhere the snowman to the banner.
Add some snail to the back of the snowman and banner. Using approximately 24″ of gold cording trim, wrap it the circles around the snowman on the back. Affix dimensionals over the cord to hold it in place. Adhere to the front of the card.
Add dazzling details from the squeeze bottle to the snowbank and hat. Adhere five pearls to the front of the card as shown.
For the inside, cut a piece of whisper white card stock to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Attach a strip of the snowflake DSP to the bottom. Stamp with a sentiment in black ink and attach to the inside of the card.
- Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper 139588 Price: $13.00
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 100730 Price: $8.50
- Basic Black 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 121045 Price: $7.00
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad 140931 Price: $7.00
- Versamark Pad 102283 Price: $7.50
- Heat Tool (Us & Can) 129053 Price: $30.00
- Heat & Stick Powder 100625 Price: $4.50
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter 133751 Price: $5.00
- Dazzling Details 124117 Price: $2.50
- Pearl Basic Jewels 119247 Price: $5.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430 Price: $4.00
- Gold Cording Trim 139618 Price: $5.00
- Many Marvelous Markers 131264 Price: $110.00
- Snail Permanent Adhesive 104332 Price: $7.00
- Banner Triple Punch 138292 Price: $23.00
- 2-1/2″ Circle Punch 120906 Price: $18.00
5 thoughts on “Sparkly Season Snowman”
I love how you used the black DSP!
Sent from my iPhone
Aww, this little guy is the cutest! I love your color details against the black! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!
Very cute card!! Love the snowflake DSP!! And your snowman is too cute!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!
Renee – your snowman really pops against this gorgeous black backdrop. I love what you’ve done with this sketch! I’m so glad that you played along with this Fab Friday Sketch Challenge. Thanks!
How cute and festive is this? I wouldn’t have thought to use that dark background but it TOTALLY works! I love the gold cord too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!