The Timeless Elegance Designer Series paper was a good place to start when coming up with an idea for an Engagement Card. The beautiful patterns of flowers, lace and flourishes are perfect for any special occasion project. The color palette is rather neutral but allows for a pop of color. I chose Pool Party for that but any other color would look equally nice.
I started off with a basic card size of 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ in the Pool Party shade. Then I embossed a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″ with the Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Folder. Choosing a set of three roses from the Timeless Elegance paper, I colored them in with a Pool Party Marker. After cutting them out with scissors, I set it aside.
Using the Darling Doily Thinlits Die, I cut a doily using Very Vanilla cardstock. The contrasting paper with the dotted circles is the reverse side of the rose paper. I cut a strip using the left over pieces to a size of 1 1/4″ x 5″. I glued the doily to the embossed Sahara Sand layer then glued the dotted circles strip a little bit over to let the doily peek out the edge. Popping the roses up on dimensionals, I then added a small metallic doily and banner strip that had been stamped with “Congrats” on Very Vanilla Cardstock. These were also popped up on dimensionals.
To finish, add a punched heart out of glimmer paper and a bow made from Very Vanilla seam binding. (Sorry, didn’t realize the seam binding is discontinued in that color)
Here is the supply list:
- Pool Party Cardstock 122924 $7.00
- Sahara Sand Cardstock 121043 $7.00
- Very Vanilla Cardstock 101650 $8.50
- Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper 138444 $11.00
- Metallic Foil Doilies 138392 $4.00
- Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker 131904 $3.50
- Darling Doily Thinlits Die 133736 $24.95 Sale $14.99
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430 $4.00
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad 140931 $7.00
- Banner Triple Punch 138292 $23.00
One thought on “Rosy Engagement Card”
Love the shabby chic feel — great color combo! Effective 3-D elements really add that wow factor!