There is something truly magical about dragonflies. The way they dart and hover about on gossamer wings. I loved the shimmer that the dazzling diamonds brings to this card, it reminds of the delicate lacy look of their wings.
This is a card that could truly be done in any of your favorite colors. It could also include many different sentiments inside. I am using it as a birthday card but it could definitely be used as a thank you or sympathy card. I stamped the Happy Birthday from the Cottage Greetings stamp set on the inside of the card. (not pictured)
It is set on a perfect plum card base (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) and framed out by a piece of dazzling diamonds cardstock cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″. I used the Fluttering embossing folder on a piece of whisper white cardstock cut to 3 3/4″ x 5″. I used the Tombo glue to adhere the layers together rather than snail as the snail tends to not work well with glitter paper.
The flower image was stamped in perfect plum and fussy cut with scissors. The ribbon image was also stamped in perfect plum. The dragonfly and the silver frame were stamped in versa mark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. All the images are from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set.
I cut 2 frames. Using the 3rd largest framelit from the Lots of Labels frame lit collection, I cut one with perfect plum cardstock and one from the dazzling diamonds cardstock. The flowers, dragonfly and friend frame were popped up with dimensional. Adding pearls to the flowers and silver rimmed pearls to the frames finished it out.
Have fun crafting!
Here is the supply list:
- Perfect Plum 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock 101889 $7.00
- Whisper White 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock 100730 $8.50
- Dazzling Diamonds 12″ x 12″ Cardstock 135315 $5.00
- Perfect Plum Ink Pad 126983 $6.50
- Versamark Ink Pad 102283 $7.50
- Fluttering Embossing Folder 139304 $8.50
- White Pearl Accents 138416 $5.00
- Silver Embossing Powder 109131 $5.00
- Lots of Labels Framelits 138281 $27
- Dimensionals 104430 $4.00
- Metal Rimmed Pearls 138394 $5.00